Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Calaveras Weekend

Barbara and I spent the weekend with my family out at Calaveras preserve a week and a half ago. Yes, I am behind on my posts but I have been outdoors a bit. five of us went kayaking on the lake Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful golden afternoon. there were lots of ducks and mudhens flittering around the lake. We toured pretty much the whole lake. It's very peaceful out there. Then, on Sunday, while Barbara and Kaitlyn were bicycling the trails below us, my brother and i hiked to the top of the mountain. We noticed some wildflowers starting to bloom in the area. We also flew a kite from the top and we took in views probably around 100 miles in all directions to the foothills and mountains in the east to the ocean in the west. Very nice!










No comments:

Post a Comment