Monday, March 7, 2011

Kitchen Creek Falls and Laguna Mtn

I set out early in the morning for a solo hike to Kitchen Creek Falls. It was my first time to these falls. On the trail I hiked through Oak woodlands, High desert plant life and chaparral. Once I reached the top of a ridge, I worked my way down into the canyon to the creek and waterfalls. These are some of the most brilliant waterfalls I have been to. I precariously made my way all the way to the bottom of the falls. Then I found a nice perch about half way up the falls and just sat there taking it all in. I had the falls all to myself. Then I decided to hike out and drive up to Laguna mountain and see the source of all of this water and do some hiking in the snow. The silence of the snow covered forest and walking along in this winter wonderland was great. This was a really mind blowing day.































No comments:

Post a Comment