Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Elfin Forest



There was a calm between two storm systems coming through So Cal this weekend bringing our area some much needed rain. I decided to hike at Elfin Forest Preserve. It was my first time there. I have been seeing this area from other higher peaks that I have hiked up not too far from here and I have been curious about this area. I did a combination of exploring Escondido Creek which had quite a bit of water rushing through some nicely sculpted granite and I hiked to the top of the mountain and wandered around the huge mountain top reservoir. Water is pumped up here as a backup supply for our area. It was a pretty nice hike. The trail switchbacks up the north facing slope of the mountain. Some of the ravines were very green, almost jungle like.















No comments:

Post a Comment