Monday, October 11, 2010

San Jacinto Mountains - Taquitz Peak & Valley

So two of my friends, Robie and Ron, got in touch with me and said they are starting to do some hiking. They asked me if I could show them around the local areas and so I took them to one of the MUST DO hikes, The Devils Slide Trail up to Taquitz Peak and then down into Taquitz Valley. In my opinion this is one of the most beautiful hikes around Southern California. We all had a great time and explored many types of landscapes. Giant Granite mountains, Mixed Pine Oak Forest, Solid Pine Forest With Giant Lodgepole Pines, Trails among Car sized boulders, Trickling Creeks, Beautiful Meadows and trails through miles of forest with waist high ferns as far as we could see. It was a real treat to be able to take freinds to an amazing place like this for their first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment