Monday, October 3, 2011

Black Canyon

My buddy Dave and I got to take our daughters for an excursion up Black Canyon Creek. The creek was almost ready to dry up but the trickling water that was flowing was really enjoyable. The weather was perfect and we all had a good time. The girls seemed to really enjoy it. Dave and I did some swimming and jumping off the boulders in the main pool. I couldn't talk the girls into swimming this time. It was a great day for wildlife viewing. We seen two water snakes and caught one of them. We seen a crazy squirrel way out on the very ends of some oak tree branches eating acorns, and what was really cool was that we encountered a huge Toe Biter water beetle eating a frog. I can't wait to come back here after a couple of heavy storms hit.








No comments:

Post a Comment