Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trabuco Canyon - Upstream

After work I hiked a section of upper Trabuco Canyon from where it enters the biggest mountains of Orange County all the way up to Holy Jim Falls trailhead. This is a most beautiful place. What a treat it was to walk through a forest of Oaks, Alder, Sycamore, and tons of Maple trees. These are the first Maple trees I have seen in So Cal., It gave the hike a totally different feel from the canyons in San Diego. The creek was rushing pretty good from the recent storm we had. On the shady north facing slope of the canyon, whole mountainsides were carpeted in ferns. I plan to go back and continue from where I left off and hike up to Holy Jim falls while the water is still flowing. I'm loving the extra daylight now as I'm able to do more substantial hikes after work. Happy Trails.















No comments:

Post a Comment