Monday, July 19, 2010

Tar Creek Rescue early June 2010

I have been on a few adventures since my last post at the end of May. Now I have to catch up logging my trips here. Well, the trip to Tar creek was my most scary trip ever. I'm sure it wasn't as scary for me as it was for my little cousin who slipped and fell at the Tar creek cascades and swimming holes. He took a very high fall down in between some boulders and cracked his head pretty good and his neck was hurting. My Brother and I Immediately started gearing up with a backpack with lots of water and some food and started hiking as fast as we could to get help. It was about 90 degrees that day which made it very difficult to move fast. We couldn't get any phone signal until we got all the way back to the trail head. Finally we were with a rescue team and we could hear status on our cousin over the radio and it sounded like he was going to be fine. He received I believe 9 staples and a body full of scrapes and bruises. He was very lucky considering it looked like he fell about 10 feet or more. It was a huge learning lesson to not take the wilderness for granted especially with kids. Anyway, here are some pics of the rescue and a few others of the rest of the trip after my brother and I hike back in to retrieve our gear and meet up with the rest of our family. Special thanks to the family that hiked my cousin Tuesday and Noah's gear out of the mountains for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment