Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kaddodyville Canyon

I went on an evening hike for some further exploration of Kaddodyville Canyon. What's cool about this place is that it's about 5 minutes from my house. Some internet research has taught me that these Cliffs were under the ocean millions of years ago and that some of the ancient megaladon and whale bones and teeth that can be found here are potentially many millions of years old. I actually found some sea shells embedded into the walls of the cliffs. This is a really nice area with dark, green, shaded meadows, rolling hills of sage scrub, oak woodlands, grasslands and sandstone formations and small slot canyons.















1 comment:

  1. Your photos are breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing. We would love it if you would become a follower of our new blog. My sister and I are also hikers who love to take and share photos.
    http://hilldalehikes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete